I thought we’d bring you up to speed with all matters Tom’s Tap since last week when we opened for drinking in for the first time since March.
Firstly, thank you so much those of you who chose to use our delivery and click and collect services over the last four months; it is unlikely we would be here were it not for your support. Thank you.
With social distancing measures now in place and having taken time to make the right decisions we are confident we can offer a safe place to drink beers and enjoy a chat at the bar. The overwhelming reaction from last weekend was that we’ve got it right and there were many “thank you for opening” type comments.
For those of you who haven’t come to visit us yet, here’s what we’ve worked out.
- For now we are only open 3-9pm on Friday and Saturday.
- We have seven tables separated into booths which can be booked via our online shop in two hour slots. The bookings go live at lunchtime on the Monday before so you can’t book more than six days in advance.
- There’s a £10 deposit for these tables. Please remember it is only a deposit and will come off your drinks bill.
- 15 minutes before the end of your booking we’ll come to take your last orders and ask you in you want any takeaways (we do 500ml can or 2 pint bottles). We will ask you to vacate five minutes before the end of your booking so that we can clean and sanitise the table for the next guests. If there is nobody booked for the following slot we will advise you and you are welcome to stay.
- We have a further seven tables outside which do not need to be booked. However, these are uncovered so you’ll have to take pot luck with the weather.
- All tables, inside or out, will have table service (this was the most positive bit of feedback we had all weekend, you love table service). Please don’t come to the bar, even to return empties.
- For now, we are card only. We have no cash on the premises.
- Our menu is a bit different to what it was in March; last week we had no cocktails, a limited spirits selection (basically gin) and very few soft drinks. On the other hand we had a much wider beer and cider selection (driven by takeaway sales). This week we’ll have a wider soft drink selection, four cocktails to choose from, a range of ciders in bottle and can (on a menu on your table) and all 36 taps (18 beer, 18 cider) full for the first time.
- As mentioned above, our delivery and click and collect services will continue. We have three official C&C times, 12-4 Friday and Saturday (please order by 3pm) and 2-4pm on Sunday. If you can’t make those and want to make an arrangement to collect outside those times, please drop us an email ([email protected]) and we’ll work something out.
- Deliveries have been an eye opener for us and we have no plans to stop them, particularly as so many of you can’t make it to the tap during our reduced opening hours. We deliver to Crewe and Nantwich every day except Monday and Tuesday, Sandbach and Middlewich Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the ST7 postcode area on Thursday.
That’s all for now, once again thank you for supporting us through good times and bad. We’re still here so we must be doing something right.