Here’s the latest update on the Covid-19 situation. As you know all pubs and restaurants were closed down from midnight last night. Those restaurants and pubs who are licensed can have a takeaway service for food and alcohol. I’m happy to report that we do have such a licence and will be doing takeaways and deliveries in the Crewe, Nantwich and Sandbach areas.
We are expecting this closure to last months rather than weeks and have been preparing for this as best we can. We’re kind of making this up as we go along so please bear with us but our takeaway service will work as follows:
- We will be open for collections from 2pm until 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays and from 4pm until 8pm Tuesday to Friday. During these times we also plan to deliver for those who are unable to leave the house.
- Please browse the taplist on tomstap.co.uk/on-the-bar.This is updated in real time so you should be able to see what is available. You will see a number of changes in the very near future as we expand our draught beer offering.
- Please then order via email to [email protected] stating clearly whether you want delivery or collection. Please include your phone number.
- We will contact you to let you know when you can collect. We can accept card/contactless payments on site or paypal payments for delivery. We think it best not to take cash for both hygiene and security reasons.
- If you want to bring your own growlers for filling at the tap, that’s fine but we will need to sanitise them onsite. Similarly, please recycle the 2 pint containers we deliver our beer in, simply wash them out and we’ll collect them when we deliver to you next time.
Please, whatever you do, don’t try and order via Facebook messenger, twitter or phone. It’s very difficult to collate multiple orders from multiple platforms and this is when mistakes can happen
We are working in conjunction with Martin from The Sunshine Street Food Company to be able to offer food takeaways and deliveries at the same times. Keep an eye on our socials for news on this. We’d like to remind you that we are also a collection point for beers from Otters Tears in Burslem
Lastly, we know that many of you come to the pub to to be sociable which is obviously very difficult during this crisis. Keep an eye on our socials to try and stay in (non physical) contact with our regulars. More than this, look after your neighbours and try to do the right thing. Nobody really knows what this is going to look like in three, six or even 12 months’ time so it’s incumbent on ourselves to be the best that we can be.
Peace and love
Sean, Jacqui and Tom.